Lung cancer

Hi my dad got diognosed with lung cancer on the 5th feb and was told they was nothing they could do for him and he only had months to live . He has been living fine until a few wks ago when his calcium levels went to high and he became fatigued and very weak and  had to spend a night in hospital . He lost his appetite and couldn't get out of bed but with in the last few days he has started to get a bit of strength back and has even eaten things very small but much more than he had been . I just want some advice really as to when someone bounces back from being so weak would this mean his has a better opputuntiy of surviving longer ? Has anyone had the same experiance ? I know this a long shot but just thought I would ask .

L x

• My husband has lung cancer had it since July last year he was a very active person but is now like your dad very weak some days does not want to get our of bed to wash or shave as for the eating he will only eat small amounts of food as that is the cancer when he has good days like your dad will make the best of them no it dosnt mean he will survive longer just that the mediaction helps the pain it is hard for you our son is going through the same as you about his dad just be there for him and enjoy the times he is feeling ok it is very hard for me so cant imagine what it is like for you althoughas i said our son is in yyour position  hope this helps

• Thanks for the reply can I ask how long you husband was given and is he going through any treatment ?

• he wasnt given any time as they cant tell they couldnt say in case they got it wrong just a matter of time he had chemo for a while but hasnt had anymore as it didnt do any good, had some radiotherhpy a few weeks back which should have burnt off some the cancer cells, but wont know if this has happened until we see specialst hope this helps