Lung cancer

My nana has just today been diagnosed with lung cancer. 

She had an eye test a few months ago and the optician noticed a growth behind her eye. After multiple appointments and scans, she now has been diagnosed with lung cancer. We're not such what stage it's at or if it's non small cell or small cell cancer. I'm just in utter shock and not sure how to be there for her or take on the situation. I lost my other nana last year and I hid from that situation as I didn't feel strong enough to deal with it. I feel tremendously guilty about it hence why I don't want to shy away from this situation. 

• Hello Mollyjayne104, 

I am so sorry to hear your nana has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. This must be very difficult news for everyone in your family to have to process. Don't feel guilty though about what happened when your other nana passed away last year you dealt with it in the only way you could at the time so try not to let that cloud hang over your head; you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. It is very nice of you though to want to be there for your nana I am sure she appreciates your support. 

While you are waiting to hear all the details, I thought I would let you know that we have information on our website on lung cancer which you can read here. Our nurses are also available on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm if you wish to talk things through with them. 

I will now let our members who have been affected by lung cancer or looked after a loved one who has also been diagnosed with lung cancer come and say hello and hopefully share their story with you. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator