Lung cancer

I dont really know where to start or even what I'm looking for but I need some comforting words.

My mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 womb cancer 4 years ago. They done a full hysterectomy but it had spread to 2 lymph nodes. She has been having regular check ups but last year we had the news that they had found nodules on her lung.

She had chemo once a month for 6 months to which they said the nodules hadn't grown but hadnt got bigger. She was advised to have a couple of months off treatment to see what the nodules would do. Unfortunately covid happened and during the extra time off chemo, the nodules grew and spread to both lungs, her liver, bones and spine.

The consultant said to her that he doesn't know how she has survived this long.

She has recently started coughing up blood, and as awful as this sounds I want to know if her time is coming to end so we can ignore covid and spend as much time with her as possible. Especially our children.  I want them to be able to cuddle her as much as possible.

Any comments or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• Hi

i am so sorry that you are in this awful situation. I lost my husband 2 years ago so I can only speak from our experiences.Of course we didn't have Covid to cope with as well and only you can decide if you ignore the Covid rules. Every one would give you different advice but I am not going to advise you but share with you my thoughts about things I would have done differently when we knew my husband was terminal. My grandsons  spent lots of time  with their darling grandad and while it broke my heart it gave them all time to just be with each other. My husband knew he was near the end and had   time with each of them telling them how he loved them and would always be with them in their hearts. We took a photo of each of them having that last cuddle with their Grandad smiling through his tears, they are precious last memories.We thought we had more time than we actually did, I will forever wish that we had .

At a time when you are emotionally broken it is difficult to know what is the right thing, do what is right for all of you and your mother-in-law.

Love and strength to you all. 

Chris. X