Lung cancer

Mum was diagnosed with lung cancer six weeks ago she is 82 years old she also has dementia my dad died 11 months ago. Mum is so frail at 5st 11 the doctors can't do anything for her it's just a waiting game or so they told me. I'm devastated don't know what to do my world has nearly come to an end losing both parents so quickly.They have given me no information at all 

• Hello pixie105

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mum's recent diagnosis of lung cancer and that the doctors have told you there's no treatment they can offer her. It must be an incredibly difficult time for you especially as you're approaching the first anniversary of losing your Dad. 

Do you have friends and family that you can lean on for some support? It really can help to reach out to those around you at difficult times like this. If you'd like to talk to one of our team of nurses you're most welcome to call them. I'm sure they would be happy to listen and offer any advice and support that they can. If you'd like to talk with them they're available Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Keep in touch pixie105. There are a lot of people here in the Cancer Chat community who will understand what you're going through at the moment. 

Sending my best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hello. 

I have been where you are with my Mum about 4 years ago. 

Its like you have to drag info out of the medical profession. 

I am so sorry to hear this, and I feel for you.