Lung cancer

Hi,

Iam 32 and have stage 0 lung cancer. I also have a serious lung condition that isn't cancer. I;ve had a chestx-ray, CT scan, PET scan, broncoscopy (?) and am awaiting results. Has anyone else had a lung condition and cancer at the same time? They have said surgery would something they'd caution me against because of my illness, but from what I am reading it seems the best option. MacMilliam, though amazing, don't seem to be able to give me an opinion.

I'm a bit lost to be honest. Any advice greatly appreciated with gratitutde 

• I'm by no means an expert, so you need to consult with those in charge of your care, but I believe there are other options if you can't have surgery.  I found this online...
    "For some stage 0 cancers, treatments such as photodynamic therapy (PDT), laser therapy, or brachytherapy (internal radiation) may be alternatives to surgery. If your cancer is truly stage 0, these treatments should cure you."
    I imagine what they advise will depend on what your existing lung condition is.
    I hope you get an informed answer soon.  Very best wishes.

• I m sorry to here you are suffering at such a young age i too am awaiting the staging of my lung cancer but im 56 not that that matters no one wants cancer at any age .

You must have a serious illness besides this to caution you against surgery but i am lead to beleive they have many treatments they can use so i hope they have one thats just right for you .

All the very best and i hope you are well very soon.

• Hello melam

i have reas your post whilst searching for answers myself. im sorry for the situation you are in and my heart felt wishes i send to you. i also have a lung condition and at christmas time 2020 i was taken to A+E with chest infection. i was treated and returned home .a week later i received a letter that i needed a MRI as a nodule had been seen in my lung. im now waiting for another MRI so the doctor can see the rate of growth before i see him at clinic in August 2021. no one has spoken to  me at any time apart from the letter i got im in the dark, i truly hope you have a happy outbome as you are so young. im 64 and beginning to feel it lol. take care  very best wishes  Norma

• I'm sorry to hear this I'm 34 I'm getting a broncoscopy to check for lung cancer at what point did they see the cancer ? As my ct and X-ray and bloods normal