Lung cancer

Hi I am 55 and having surgery on Thursday 29th March 2018 on my right lung, a lobectomy on my upper right lobe and my lymph glands removed. Their is a nodule on my middle lobe but it's small 8mm and they are going to be keeping an eye on that one.   My concern is recovery, can I return to full time work, how long the recovery will take realistically.... How is this surgery going to affect my life after..... Any advice please 

• A warm welcome to the forum Minnie although I'm sorry you've been diagnosed with lung cancer.

I noticed that you are having surgery this Thursday so I just wanted to wish you good luck and let you know we'll be thinking of you that day.

Your medical team should be able to answer the questions you've asked above but do feel free to give our cancer nurses a call if you'd like to chat to them about this as well. Their number is 0808 800 4040 and are available Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

We also have many members on the forum with experience of this diagnosis who I hope will be along soon to share their experiences with you but I have found another new member who is having an operation tomorrow to have their top lobe removed that you may like to chat to. Her name is Wendy.s.c and you can read more about her journey here.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator