Lung cancer

Today was the hardest day of my live, my mum who i dealry love and so close too, been diagnosed with lumg cancer and stomach cancer And the lmymth nodes, we cant find out any more yet intill she has biopsies taken i am truely heartbroken, maybe its me being selfish she ismmy world ive got no husband or chilldren, they say its imcirbale but treatable so im hoping there will be something that can help any ideas?? Ano its wrong but someone has said to take cannibas oil as it helps 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat, Xxleanne123x, although I'm so sorry to hear about the reason that brought you here.

Since you asked for advice on cannabis oil I thought you might want to read an informative piece we have on our website in the form of a blog post. Basically, it explains that there isn’t currently enough reliable evidence to prove that cannabis oil can effectively or safely treat cancer patients. I hope this helps.

Although there’s emerging evidence that molecules found in cannabis may one day be used to help people with cancer, we would advise against using black market or home-made preparations of cannabis oil. Not only is it illegal, but because it’s unregulated these products might be contaminated with harmful substances and vary in strength. Taking cannabis could also potentially interfere with other cancer treatments given to you by a doctor, and can carry other side effects and risks.

Also, feel free to reach out to our cancer nurses and ask them any questions you might have about this, they are available on this phone number 0808 800 4040, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m to 5 p.m

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator