Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Lung and liver cancer

25 Oct 2021 22:59

Hi. My hubby has lung and liver cancer. Diagnosed 2 weeks ago but had no symptoms. He all of a sudden feels sick all the time and won't eat. He has to dink at least 2 liters of water each day which is a struggle. Any advice welcome 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 00:49 in response to MAZ70

Hi, sorry to hear you are hear asking for advise.

lots of people going though similar so lots or advice ans words of wisdom to look at and chat about.

ive not got much advice to give from a liver point of view. My mam had lung cancer and has cough but not much else.

Try and vary food items and drinks - juice. Flavoured tea. Fizzy pop.milk , my dad loves slush puppies type frozen drinks - anything really will help drink volume . 
If he's not hungry and is loosing weight his GP might prescribe high calorie drinks. Fruit sweets like Opal friuits

are refreshing too. 
Ask advice from his GP. Maybe then can prescribe antisickness. Or even buy travel sickness tablets. Or even ginger biscuits.

x keep us updated with his progress 

Efffie x

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 08:34 in response to Efffie

Hi Effie. Thanks for the reply. Am already doing all the above except for the sickness tablets. We have appt today and will ask his consultant. Dietitian has given some Protein smoothie drinks which he finds hard to drink. Palliative team coming to visit tomorrow and hopefully will get some more advise. 

Edited on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 09:43 by MAZ70, Name of hospital removed in line with Cancer Chat's terms and conditions.

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 12:59 in response to MAZ70

Really sorry to her about your husband how was is cancer seen on chest X-ray 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 13:52 in response to Amanda_L

Yes. Seen with just an xray. Later confirmed with ct scan. 

Edited on Tue, 26/10/2021 - 13:53 by MAZ70, Hospital name removed in line with Cancer Chat's terms and conditions.

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 14:24 in response to MAZ70

Thanks love  my husband has lymphoma he having treatment it's stage 4 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 15:10 in response to Amanda_L

All the best. 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 15:25 in response to MAZ70

Was your hubby getting out of breath at all  some 1 told me they can't see lung cancer on. A normal chest X-ray that can't be right can it 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 16:07 in response to Amanda_L

No. He had no symptoms at all. We spent 2 months in Spain and were out every day. It was only the day we came back he had pain in the stomach area which was caused by the hernia. I'm sure the doctor in A&E wouldn't have just made it up. She actually called be aside and told me before discussing it with my husband. He starts chemo on Thursday morning 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 16:15 in response to MAZ70

Am not saying u making it up love  the reason am

adking ive been having a few problems but X-ray come bk normal  so it can't be lung cancer can it for me I've had camer dwn my throat told me I've got Hutus hena 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 16:20 in response to Amanda_L

Lol. I didn't mean it to come across that way. A few years ago my hubby's voice went funny. Sent straight to the cancer hospital and had a camera down his throat but all was OK. Fingers crossed you're OK. 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 16:39 in response to MAZ70

Yes I've had that told  me it was Hutus  hena  then I had chest X-ray if something was wrong it wud show up on X-ray  of lungs yes 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 17:20 in response to Amanda_L

Yes. I'm sure it would show up if there was an issue with the lungs 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 17:23 in response to MAZ70

Thanks love  and thanks for listen to me 

Lung and liver cancer

26 Oct 2021 18:07 in response to Amanda_L

Keep well. Just been told his chemo starts Thursday.