Lump under armpit at 15

Hello I am young and recently well just over 2 weeks ago I found a lump under my armpit and it was painful, I didn’t really think anything of it until recently I decided to shave under my armpit but when I was doing so I felt immense pain so I decided to feel under my armpit it had felt like the lump had grew in size. After this I searched up on google and horrified to see the possible results I am scared that their is a possibility I may have cancer the lump is also hard if that helps.

Please give me an answer, I am so scared but it is also my Exams and I don’t want to interrupt them so please any answers will be of great use thank you.

• Hi there ...

Oh my, your getting your self pretty worked up .. and we all feel anxious with lumps ...

Have you told your mum ... I've had quite a few pea sized lumps under my arm .. and small ones in ear lobes ... what I didn't know was any trauma to the arm, or hand can cause them lumps ... the lymph nodes are going into a bit of shock, and those lumps can come up ...

Now the odds are your fine too.. but any lumps should be looked at just in case.. or to put your mind at ease ... so get it looked at .. but tell someone ... and try not to keep touching it, as that can aggravate lumps too ...  let us know how you go ...  chrissie x

• Thank you so much for replying actually just over a year ago I had a pea sized lump on my other armpit but you could clearly see it as it was red, but with this lump I got a bit nervous because it was so different  but thank you so much!

However I don’t know why I just find it embarrassing to tell my mum I don’t know why but I would want to get it looked at even if it is nothing just so my mind is at rest. Oh and thank you for telling me I was being over dramatic it really helped me realise I’m overlooking this.

Thank you so much

• Hi there ...

Oh my ... don't think I actually said over dramatic though ... as we all get anxious on any lump .. just didn't want you to over worry ... so get that appointment ... and fingers crossed all will be fine ..

Chrissie  ...

• Omg this is happening to me rn im in my last school year and im distracted and worried 

• Hi Iaiz,

A very warm welcome to our forum. I am sorry to hear that you have these symptoms too. I agree that this is a particularly bad time to be worrying about this as well as your final year studies. Please contact your GP and get it checked out, just for your own peace of mind. You will study a lot better once you know that everything is ok.

Do please let us know how you get on. We are always here for you.

Hoping for good news.

Kindest regards,

Jolamine xx