Lump on Leg 10 years+

Hi, 

Going out my mindddddd...i have had a 2cm lump on my leg (Painless) for over 10 years. (28f - Healthy). I have always been told it was a cyst so not to worry, and if i wanted it cut out i could... because im so scared of needles i never took them up on it.

I recently went to doctors as now quiet concious of this - wearing dresses in summer etc - now plucked up courage for it to be removed. 
DR sent me for ultrasounds, which is now the 4th time it's been scanned...then refered to Saroma cancer clinic.....had biopsy done - MRI tomorrow. Follow up/results not for 3 weeks. Absloutely petrified, googling like a mad woman.. I will be so angry if it is something BAD after being looked at my multiple doctors......... :'( anybody else have similar experiencessssss?

• Hi Gmaypav and welcome to the community.

Well done for mustering the courage to see your GP about this again. Fear of the unknown is completely natural but hopefully it won't be long before the results of your tests come back and show that the lump is still no cause for concern and can be removed safely.

I think everyone is tempted to look for answers on Dr Google but most of the time this only tends to lead to more worry and anxiety so if you can, try and stay away from it until your results come through. I hope some of the tips and advice given in this article will help you whilst you wait.

Hopefully some of our members will get back to you soon but in the meantime we're thinking of you and will have our fingers crossed for good news.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator