lump in neck

hi, i'm 17 and around 4-5 months ago i found a hard painless pea size lump in the side of my neck, it can only be felt if i press down and it is not a visible lump as it sits under the skin, like i said it is painless and the size of a pea and very hard, it also feels like it moves under my fingers.  i keep checking to see if it's bigger but it has stayed tiny, it's been there for months now as i'm too scared to get it checked, should i be worried about this?

• Hi miagracex,

Welcome to Cancer Chat. In these situations it is only a GP who can offer advice. I know it can be worrying when changes are noticed, but the only thing to give you peace of mind is to speak to a doctor.

Do give them a call when you can as this will eventually help you to stop worrying.

Wishing you all the best,

Ben
    Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hey I also had the same thing girl and I'm 16 went to the docter today and they said it's most likely a swollen gland and to wait for it to go down in the next two weeks but form what you are describing mine is exactly the same I was so worried about it being painless but I'm sure that can be normal I wouldn't worry and book a doctors appointment to put your mind at ease