Lump in neck

Hi everyone, just wanted somewhere to talk as I don't want to talk to my partner and make him worry more. He has had a lump in his neck for a few months now, he had a scan at primary care hospital which said it's swollen lymph nodes.

His GP has now referred him urgently to the hospital for another scan and a biopsy and he's having it done today. He had bloods done which came back fine. I know you shouldn't google things but sometimes you can't help it and from what I've read I know it can be possible that it could be a lymphoma. We have a baby daughter and my partner is only mid 20s. I've lost my mum to cancer and also 2 of my grandparents and my uncle. I'm so frightened and was just hoping someone could shine some positivity if they've been through similar and it hasn't been anything sinister. Thanks

• Hey Lauren,

Sorry I dont have any answers for you, but I can sympathise with how you are feeling. I first found a lump on my neck in November. Since probably May sort of time Ive been having tests. Bloods came back clear, had an ultrasound that showed a lump and also raised nodes which can also be felt, but they couldnt tell if it is lipoma or liposarcoma because the lump is deep in my neck tissue apparently so I have had an MRI and am awaiting the results - any day now! 

I am 24 and have a young child too so I know its not easy, especially when you are waiting for appointments and then waiting for results.

I hope you dont have to wait too long and your partners gets the all clear x