Lump in armpit

A few weeks ago I felt a lump in my armpit.  I am terrified of doctors and hospitals so I have been watching it to see if it went down.  It  hasn’t  it has got bigger and I am now beside myself with worry.  I went to my doctors today and saw a nurse/practitioner .  Later I got a call from the breast clinic at my local hospital with an appointment for the 26 July.  I also have to  go back to the doctors for blood tests, the same day, she mentioned the word lymphoma, which has made me even more terrified.  Has anyone ever had a diagnosis of breast cancer , the only obvious sign being an enlarged armpit lymp node?  I cannot find anything on the internet.  To make matters worse tomorrow we go off on a dream holiday for a week.  I will not enjoy it, I cannot sleep or eat all I think about is the lump and find myself constantly feeling if it is still there.  I feel so bad for spoiling the holiday for my husband.  Any advice please.

• Hello, I'm in the same situation, but a bit further ahead. Mine is a lymph node under the arm which on ultrasound looked 'abnormal'. They did a biopsy which came back clear. However they are so convinced there is a problem due to the lymph node's appearance on ultrasound; that now I have to have surgery to take it out for further investigation. I'm suspecting lymphoma as it runs in my family. 

Just think though, yours could just be a reactive lymph node. They might see that clearly on the ultra sound and then that will be the end of it. Or maybe just a benign cyst. 

I'm trying to not freak out too much as I'm aware that treatments for lymphoma have really come on recently. There is this new therapy called KarT (probably wrong spelling) that can bring back people who are terminal!

Anyway I hope you're ok. Try and enjoy the holiday. I'm trying to tell myself that worrying is totally pointless until they actually tell me something concrete. Xx 

• Thank you for your reply JoJo.  When are you going to have your surgery, I hope that you get it over with as soon as possible, waiting is draining.  I too know about lymphoma, although not in my family.  Wishing the very best outcome for you, please stay in touch, I feel very lonely about all this and it is a comfort to share with someone who is dealing with the same problem. xxx

• Hello Christmas2018,

I have just read your post and I'm going through exactly the same thing at the moment. I have a lump in my armpit which has appeared from nowhere. I have no other symptoms and keep hoping the lump will disappear. So far it hasn't despite the fact that I keep checking to make sure its still there!

I'm waiting for a referral to the breast clinic which should come through in the next couple of days. I think the best case scenario is that its just a fatty lump. As my friends keep telling me, what a place to store fat! No real advice but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone xxx

• Hello BlueSkye19

I'm going through something similar 

Found a small hard lump in left armpit. Went to doctors and she has referred me to the breast clinic so awaiting an appointment. 

I am extremely worried. I've been having breast pain in the left breast on  and off for a year.

I'm gettin married in 2 weeks and this is all I can think about. 

•  

Hi Frenchie87,

Sorry for the late reply.

I hope you get your appointment through soon and you can get some answers. Realistically, I think my appointment is going to be next week now. 

I know its hard but try to enjoy the run up to your wedding. Hopefully this will just be one of those things we have to go through. I trying to stay optimistic XXX

• Hi Blue Skye, we seem to be at the same stage, please keep in touch, about when you get your appointment and how you get on.  Fingers crossed we will both be fine but my mind is in a dark place with all the worry, I hope that you are managing your wood ok. xxx

• Hi Christmas18,

Well I came home from work tonight to find the appointment letter. Its on Saturday afternoon, so at least I dont have too much longer to wait. 

Hope you get your appointment soon. Stay in touch and take care xx

• That is good news, only a few more days before the tests.  My appointment is in 9 days time.  We are away from home until next Tuesday and my appointment is late on Friday afternoon.  I will be thinking of you on Saturday and  hope that they will be able to give you good news on the day.   Do let me know how you get on, wishing you all the best 

Lyn xxx

• Hi  Frenchie, have you got your appointment yet. x

• Hi Everyone

I have my appointment scheduled for next Tuesday

I am so worried. I am having crippling stomach pain and anxiety

Hopefully we all get good news