Cancer Research UK on Google+ Cancer Research UK on Facebook Cancer Research UK on Twitter
Donate

Let's beat cancer sooner

Lump behind ear?

6 Feb 2018 22:16

Hi, 

I'm 17- nealy 18 and I've had cancer twice in the past 4 years, I've had 30 sessions of radiotherapy twice, on both sides of my neck and one side of my face. 

Ive noticed a pea-sized lump behind my ear that is firm and can move around under the skin, it's been there for months. Could it possibly be cancer even though I've had 2 lots of radiotherapy to that area? Or could that trigger another cancer cell to grow?  My next MRI is in a month- ((i'v also had all of my lymph nodes removed so it couldn't possibly be an inflamed one.) Could it?

Re: Lump behind ear?

8 Feb 2018 19:43 in response to Olivia-m

Welcome to Cancer Chat, Olivia-m although I'm sorry for the reason that brings you here.

It is difficult for us to say what this pea-size lump behind your year could be but I hope you will have some answers soon when you have your next MRI. However, if you feel too anxious until then feel free to give our cancer nurses a ring and ask any questions you might have. They're available on this phone number 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator