Lump

Hello. 

I finished a night shift this morning and so am wide awake when I would normally be asleep. I found a lump 2 weeks ago in my right breast and go to clinic on weds. Had to wait the full 2 weeks for the appt. Am terrified. My head says it's nothing and just my hormones as I'm a certain age (44) my nurse head tells me the worst case scenario. Im trying really hard not to be scared but am becoming more and more anxious now. 

• Hello Tracy and welcome to the forum.  Try not to panic (yes I know, it is easier said than done); the vast majority of referrals to the breast clinic turn out to not be cancerous.  I am sure many ladies here will nod their heads and understand that you cannot help but worry; but the odds are in your favour.  And, in the event that you are one of the comparatively few unlucky ones well you have done the right thing and are dealing with it quickly.    Please let us know how your appointment goes on Wednesday (of course you don't have to if you don't want to but we are always interested even if as hoped it is a false alarm).  Annie

• Hi. Thankyou for your reply. Please can anyone who has already had to go to clinic tell me will they tell me one way or another on the day. I've been told differing things. I've heard they will do a needle biopsy there but then do I have to wait again for the results? Today is a bad day so far my anxiety is thru the roof and I'm heading to work for the late shift soon.

Thankyou