Low grade fever for 3 weeks that isn't an infection

18/M

I've been suffering from a low grade fever of around 37.3C to 37.5C for the past few weeks.  I've been to a GP and at first he told me it was anxiety and gave me some meds. I didn't get much better so I went to the GP again, who gave me some different meds, and after taking those, everything but the fever was pretty much fixed, aside from some occasional aching and headaches. I went to the GP again today, and he tweaked the meds again, but still doesn't really know why I still have a fever.  I had a CBC blood test, and the results came out fine, and the GP says the blood test shows I don't have inflammation.

I've taken even more meds and the fever still hasn't broken yet, it hasn't gotten any worse or any better.  I also occasionally feel light headed, and my muscles often twitch, but that could be because of the medicine that's supposed to make you fatigued.

I'm getting really worried becuase I still don't know where the fever is coming from, all I know is it isn't from an infection, which is freaking me out even more because i'd rather get an infection since they're easy to treat.  I'm thinking that i've gotten cancer and I don't know what to do.  I don't know if I should schedule another appointment with the GP or like get a full body MRI scan to make sure I don't have any tumors.

• I have a fever on and off for over 3 weeks now. It goes up to around 37.8 and wakes me from my sleep making me feel hot and sweaty. I have anxiety and am worried sick. All my bloods have come back normal which I dont know is a good or bad thing :( 

• It's kinda comforting to know that i'm not alone in my suffering.  I used to have trouble sleeping too until my doctor gave me meds that had a side effect of making me tired, maybe ask your doctor for something similar.  I just went to my GP today for an X-ray on my lung and a urine test, still waiting for the results.  My GP says the next step would be further blood testing, specifically for auto-immune issues.

Let's hope we both recover soon.

• I wouldnt call under 37.5 a fever though. Does yours ever go higher than this? My doctor said she would be more concerned if mine was over 38 but last night mine went up to 38 and I was shaking like I had chills. Really finding it hard to not let my anxiety take over me about this 

• I've had it go up to 37.8 before, and I had flu-like symptoms along with it.  My GP says anything over 37.3 is a low fever tho.  And the anxiety is getting pretty bad for me too, really considering admitting myself to a hospital for an MRI or more.

• I have health anxiety and know how you feel. Staying off google is so difficult for me. I dont know why I do it when it makes me worried sick! Glad you have had an xray, I hope your results are clear. I am going to go back to my GP and push for tests

• Hi Carl

Did you find out what was causing your low grade fever? I have this for more than a month now and i dont have other symptoms apart from anxiety.. hope you can get back to me

thanks

• 25/M

Hi All, 

I am dealing with the same thing. I have a fever and my skin feels very warm. I am waking up at around 5.30am every morning and struggle to get back to sleep. I also have been having mild headaches. 

Got bloods done a few weeks back and came back normal. I dont have a high temp but my skin just feels consistently warm. 

Not sure what to do next. If it continues I will need to get an MRI scan done I think. 

Would be great to know the outcome of the above situations too. Thanks!

• I have had a fever of 38+ that comes and goes for almost 3 months now. had blood tests done which showed raised LDH and protein but everything else normal. Currently waiting on a CT scan appointment and had some other bloods done which came back satisfactory 

What was your outcome?

• Hi,

I hope you're feeling better now. Did you find out the reason for your fever. I am having the same symptoms are I am proper stressed.

thanks

• Hii

im still the same blood tests came back fine and gp said with her termometer i dont have a fever...of course i dont because she was barely touching my ear lol when taking the temp. Im calling them back today to ask to send me to a neurologist as i also had loads twitches adnd sometimes my ear gets numb and thinking maybe i have ms as i have seen that can cause a low grade fever. 
    mine started in march and it is still going somedays are good where temp will be 37.3/4 but then agai it will start like today woke up with 37.8 temp... hows ur temp? Above 37.6 is a low grade fever.. xx