Lost my love of my life after 51 years

It is hard to have life without her I have taken care of her until her last  breath taken (Died at home of lung cancer) Fortunately I'm living in the country where the government takes care of their citizens whom are may need support. My life for ever changed I  try stay on my feet therefore  I keep busy I go to her greave evry morning laying a red coronation on her grave Fortunately I have wood shop in the basement where we made her cross for her grave  with my grand sons  that was a day after we buried her. Also I keep busy building a coffee table top which I have  promised her along with book shelf’s because the old ones are full with books she has read. I love her I miss her memory is in my heart I go for walk every morning with my dog which was her dog following her foot steps I must do that because that makes me bit stronger She had lymphoma 6 years ago then 6 years later she was diagnosed with lung cancer. In between she was volunteering for the Canadian cancer society by driving cancer patients for theirs cancer treatments She was the one whom proudly displayed her self as a Cancer survivor giving hope to her passengers. I will pick her routes in the near future. I seek support from local group of widowers  

• You lovely man.  So sad when you lose your wife after what I gather has been a long and happy marriage .  You are having a hard time but are doing positive things with your wife in mind.  Also it sounds as though you have children and grandchildren who I bet love you lots.  Your wife and yourself have also spread the love by helping others.  Heartbreaking for you to lose her.  As I think you will already know there is no timescale for grieving.   Thank you so much for telling us about your wife and yourself.  It is really heartwarming and tragic at the same time.  Why does the world have to say goodbye to good people?  I am sure the dog must miss her too.

• Thank you for your kind words. Our dog come to our life 3 years ago after my previous dog died after 16 years of playfull life. Molly our new dog come to our life shortly after lilly left us.  The first day when we met   her that little puppy   rised up to her hind legs and then walked towards to my wife  they are get rigth a way get connected. The day when my wife pased way Molly was at her site Mind you  Molly  new when my wife left us. A day after her passing Molly  was hidding some where in our home and cried out. Ever since Molly became my dog we go everywhere We walk to feed our friends in the park where we used to go with my loved wife  and visit my wife grave. My life is changed for ever I'm now focusing my life around my grand sons (we did that whit my wife anyway) I try not to spoild them which  is hard not to I'm  having lots of suport from my frinends, neighbors, business ascociates and from my grand sons. I always had active life (May be to active) our house and cars and my wood shop keeps me bussy.

In the spring I will plant lots of flowers in the place of our kitchen garden then I will offer those flowers to cut to our neighbors in memory of my wife. I hope I can follow her soon

• Hi there .. our life is a little like a book ... with lots of chapters and lots of things changing .. from birth to loosing someone we love ... you are so lucky to have wonderfull memories and grand kids to help you through ... they probably need you now their nanny has gone ... and your dog sounds wonderfull and will give you a reason to get up every day ... 

I believe they don't leave us, they just watch over us from up there... I'm sure she would be very proud of you and want you to find enjoyment in your family and friends ... hold on , and know how blessed you are to have had such a wonderfull wife and friend ... big hug Chrissie xx 

• I am so pleased that you have chosen to come online here and tell uis your story - although not of course pleased about the reason for your doing so.  I can understand that at present you want to follow your wife but I hope you will see the oh-so-many things that are good on this earth as a result of your having had your wife for so long - the family, all the things you did together and oh, lots of things.  And that you will feel her influence in everything you do. Bless you. 

• Thank you  for your kind words 

• I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending love and a hug x

• I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I too lost the love of my life. He passed away on December 13, 2017. We found out on September 25th 2017, his birthday, that he had stage 4 RCC. We were given such hope for at least some time. But the cancer was just too aggressive. He declined so quickly that we didnt even have time to prepare. I frantically had to get my children and his parents to come before it was too late. I feel cheated and wish it was me who passed instead. My mother passed away from cancer when I was 14 and thought I would never feel that pain again. Wrong!!!! This time it is much worse. Just need to find a way to survive each day.
  • I am so sorry and can only imagine what it must feel like. My darling husband has just been diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus. We were only told on Friday and everything I read is not good. I know I will be in your shoes shortly, and am devastated. Out of the blue, he is 59 today. Thought we would grow old together and now I will be living in the house alone. My boys are in Qatar and Shropshire, I live in Oxford and can't even manage the motorways due to anxiety. I so know that I already feel your pain, all I know is that we will have to continue on, how? is the question. I'm sending you my heart felt thoughts as I know I will soon be there and I feel cheated, as I'm sure that is one of your own thoughts too. Keep talking and reaching out to those that can listen/understand. Very best wishes and a big hug!
  • Please be strong as you can be. You will be needed very much  My heart is sad and also be happy because i have privilege and honor to have her as a lover, partner, wife, and mother of my kids It felt as privilege to take care of her I asked her if she married me again she said yes that was days before she died BE STRONG DO NOT GIVE UP THERE IS HOPE HE IS STILL THERE 

God bless you

• You are lovely man and I admire your courage . I think that out loved ones never dissapear . They are  forever in our memories, they are in the flowers that you place on your wifes grave, they are in the wood that you chop to make her coffee table and they are in the sun and trees  without limit. My wife has just been diagnosed with stage 4 advanced breast cancer  and her future is very uncertain. I wish you well and hope you find a support group. Good to talk . I wish you well