Together we will beat cancer

Donate

Lost my husband yesterday after 4 day ago diagnosis

13 Jan 2021 05:15

Hi guys

My world came crash down yesterday. 13 days ago my husband was told he had a growth on his oesophagus and needed to go in the next day for a pre opp.. 7 days later he went in to have a biopsy and stent fitted. It was the last time I saw him until I had the emergency call yesterday morning to go in and hold his hand. Luckily he had a private room and there was no covid around.

The biopsy caused his stomach to split open on the first day, as the tuma was large and must have been there for some time, a 1 in 100 occurance the surgeon said.

Then a chest infection 3 days later and then his heart stopped.. they did all the could before I got there but his organs began to give up.

It didn't take long, a matter of precious hours.

The staff were amazing but it doesn't take away this emptiness, numbness and pain I have inside me. I feel like I'm never going to stop crying.

21  years weve been together no children from me but a gorgeous step daughter and grand daughter .

I know life goes on but I'm finding it hard to see a way forward.

Living the nightmare we all so easily hear of and dismiss 

13 Jan 2021 08:32 in response to Penp007

I am so so sorry you lost your husband in such a cruel way, I just cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling. My own husband of 23 years got diagnosed with oesophageal cancer in November and is currently having chemotherapy treatment - the diagnosis is shocking enough to get your head around as it all seems to happen so quickly, to then lose him after a few days just seems immeasurably hard. 

I can only send my deepest sympathy for you and say we are here if you need to vent or talk anytime. Take care x

13 Jan 2021 10:21 in response to Daisy71

So sorry to read both post above. I lost my husband of 36 yrs to osephegus cancer in June almost 7 months ago. Its horrendous

hope chemo goes well for your husband

take care x 

13 Jan 2021 10:27 in response to Penp007

So sorry to hear about your husband, so sad. I lost my husband in June to osephegus cancer he had chemo but didnt work it had spread to his liver so had no chance.

It seems like it happened so fast and wernt expecting it.

please take care, if you need to chat contact me.

Debbie xx

13 Jan 2021 11:06 in response to AlexMatthew

Sorry for your loss Debbie, and thank you for your kind words x

13 Jan 2021 12:22 in response to Daisy71

Your welcome, send me a friends request if you ever need a chat 

take care 

xx

13 Jan 2021 20:14 in response to AlexMatthew

Hello, I also lost my wonderful husband back in June to oesophageal cancer, still can not get over it. So empty, lonely and scared. These messages do help, as I realise I am not the only one who has lost their precious loved one. 

13 Jan 2021 21:08 in response to Carmarthenshire

Its horrendous isnt it. It does help chatting to people who know how you are feeling.I feel lost and lonely, work as been good for me 

take care

keep in touch xx

13 Jan 2021 22:04 in response to Penp007

So sorry to hear, i lost mine in april to oesophagus cancer, only 44 years old. We had no idea anything was wrong, no symptoms.  His tumor was at the junction of oesophagus and stomach but had already spread throughout liver and he was put straight into palliative care. We had an awful 11 month journey of chemo to try and shrink the tumors and give him more time, it was a horrendous time, he was often in pain and discomfort, and we had to live with the knowledge that we knew noone could save him...we have two girls, 13 and 9 and were together 21 years. It's an awful shock, sending hugs xx

14 Jan 2021 00:09 in response to plebbs

Its heat breaking hun no one will ever understand the pain it puts you through. I send all my love to you for been so strong for your husband and girls xxx

Didnt sleep last night and ran out of tears by 5pm, managed to find a few more looking at memories xxx which no one can take from us xxx

14 Jan 2021 00:13 in response to Daisy71

Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope you are well and have become strong again , I know life goes on but it just feels so hard xxxx

14 Jan 2021 00:15 in response to Carmarthenshire

I'm so sorry for you x

14 Jan 2021 00:17 in response to AlexMatthew

Thank you so much for you kind words. I might just take you up on that when I can talk without crying xxx

14 Jan 2021 08:45 in response to Penp007

Thinking of you today x 

14 Jan 2021 09:41 in response to Penp007

I lost my husband in late august to this vile disease 

he underwent a 14 hour surgery and 6 months of chemo but the beast returned.

I miss him every hour of everyday xx

big Cwtch to you