Lost my dad and mum within 9 months both to cancer

Ok so its been 14 months since I lost my dad and just coming onto 6 months since I lost my mum and I'm still broken. I'm 37 have a child and a partner but this is the 1st Christmas that I dont have anyone in terms of parents.. I have an older brother and twin sisters 30 yrs and it's so hard to watch the destruction this has caused. I'm not sure how to cope and I'm dreading Christmas. Any one have any advice for makimg ot through the (Was most wonderful) now hardest time of the year? X

• Hi to loose both parants so close together must be agony . I think for your little ones sake just try to get through xmass when i lost it realy hurt .but when mum went i felt like an orphan . It was many years ago now and sometimes i feel sad and miss them but the pains gone now this is what happens the pain does go but how long varies you probably know all this i dont know if you have had counsiling lots of people think they can get over it on there own but the strongest ometims need support do you find that now everyones gone back to normal and try to change the subject as if you should have got over it well with counciling you get to rant weep talk talk but they dont try to change the subject and listen .its not that long for you i lost my partner 7 months ago and ive been invitded to my adult children for xmass but ime staying at home dont want grandkids to see me upset and its there day.but with a child you cant do that so just see if you can bluff it through you know it may not be as bad as you think make a desion of what you want to do then you may not feel so bad i did and was dredding it till then now i dont feel so bad so see if you can hang on to that that it may not be so bad your mum and dad wouldnt want you to be misrable ime a dad and grandad and would hate it if my child was sad so best wishs to you and your family and hope you get thriugh xmass ok and dont think your grieving to long it varies and yours is not that long in the order of things and your grieving twice so doubaly hard wwen i lost my grandson i grieved double for my grandson and for my daughter who was grieving to .paul