Lost

Yesterday my Dad was diagnosed with a stage four brain tumour.Given his age (82) and limited inability to understand what treatment is available and the side effects it would cause, it was agreed that we should allow nature to take it’s course, which gives my Dad a life expectancy of around three months. My question is what now? Who do I speak to? Do the Macmillan team contact me. Should he be having daily visits from a nurse? My Dad’s Doctor is on leave and I need answers today.

• You need to contact the Gp who is covering your dads then have talk to your dad to see if he would like to see a Macmillan or hospice community nurse they have a lot of knowledge and could help you which information on what to do 

• Hi there ..

So sorry to hear your going through this heartbraking time ... I've looked on Marie Currie site and it is there to help those with a terminal diagnosis and their families ... they should be able to give you lots of information and practical help ... I'm sure their phone number is on there ..

It's terrible how you've just been left .. so even McMillan may offer help too ... reach out to everyone you can ... let us know how you go, and what they say .. as that info could help someone else in that position ..  sending you all a vertual hug ... Chrissie