Lost

we have just found out that my 85 year old mum has terminal cancer, the problem is my mum will not go for the tests to see if it is stomach, rectum or colon cancer the fact that she has also got the start of dementia is not helping .

my brothers and I are really not sure what we are dealing with , we cannot seem to get any support as my mum will not agree saying that she doesn’t want any so to be honest we are lost , we do not know what to look for we do not want to force her to do anything she does not want to do so should we just wait ?

• Hello Mut; so sorry to learn about your mum but welcome to the forum.  While I don't have the eperience that you describe with your mum I am attaching a link to MacMillan Cancer Support's information about how to cope with commeone having dementia and cancer so I hope you will find it useful.  I do appreciate that this is such as difficult situation for you.  Someone else on this forum may have had personal experience of this situation.  If you wish you can speak to the nurses here (Freefone 0808 800 4040 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or to MacMillan Cancer Support (Freefone 0808 808 0000 Mon-Fri 9am-8pm).  Annie

www.macmillan.org.uk/.../treating-cancer-and-dementia.html