Lost

I lost my dad on Tuesday 27th June to pancreatic cancer and feel totally lost. I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him. I was there when he died which was very traumatic but I know he's out of the suffering and am happy for him as I know he's in heaven. I just feel lost and do t know what to do   I have a supportive family and know they are all suffering but I still feel so alone. I just want my dad back 

• Hello bestdadever,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Condolences from all of us at Cancer Chat.

Our thoughts are with you at this sad time,

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Dear bestdadever

my condolences to you and your family at this extremely heartbreaking time. 

I lost my dear dad 10 months ago, I know how you are feeling as that's was me when dad passed on the 3rd Sep and all I wanted to do was die as well so I could join him as did not want to continue with the pain I felt, even though I still had my mum and family for full support.

all I can say is just take a day at a time , that is all I can say as no amount of words will relief your heartbreak at this time.

take care

• Thank you so much your words mean a lot and makes me realise I'm not alone in how I feel. I just feel so alone and want my dad to take away all my pain like he used to. I just wish the funeral would come and go 

mary 

• Thank you this web site truly helps as I realise I'm not alone in how I feel and their are so many poor souls in the same boat

mary

• Hi I lost my dad to cancer, it's been 9 months since I lost my dad, I promise you it gets easier, I'm really sorry for your loss, just know your not alone, you are strong and there is a lot of support we all have access to, you are not alone give us a message if need be as I have been in your similar shoes.

• Thank you so much for your words and I hope to god it gets easier. I just can't believe it. I'm sorry for your loss too. Why does this have to happen. My only way of getting through this at the moment is knowing dad is out of his suffering which became unbearable at the end and knowing that I will see him again one day 

mary

• Your so strong, it's the shock and trauma and grieving stage you are in Hun, just know it's okay to be feeling how you are feeling okay, if you need to cry..cry find a way of relieving your grief everyone is different, just don't bottle things up, I personally think this cancer chat thing is nice and know there are people who can relate and speak openly and help each other, keep strong and I promise you again it will get easier like I said it's been mine months since I lost my dad it's still hard at times but definetly not as hard as it was at the start. I did the same keep in mind my dad isn't in pain no more and personally he would want me be happy no matter what, and maybe if you've lost other loved one so just think maybe our dads gave reunited with old friends and family, my dad lost his best friend and I think maybe they have reunited, I'm not very religious but I think it's one positive thing to think xx 

• Thank you for your lovely message and yes I know dads met up with his dad and his best friend. Today hasn't been as bad as yesterday although I'm waiting for the wave of grief to come. If  i can just get through the funeral I know i will be ok with dad watching over me. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and in nine months time i can be as strong as you and offer advice like you have to me 

thank you

nary x

• Really really struggling. Xx

• Miss my dad so so much. I don't want to die yet but each day I feel is closer to seeing my beautiful dad again x