Losing my sister

I lost my sister just2 weeks ago. She had metastatic breast cancer which had spread to her liver and bones. She was 56. I was so close to her and now feel so alone. I dont want to get out of bed, i dont want to do anything at all. 

• Hello kjm and welcome to our forum.

First, on behalf of everyone here at Cancer Chat I want to offer you our heartfelt condolences.

As many here can tell you, there is no right or wrong way to grieve, it is different for everyone but when you feel ready you might want to take a look at this page from our website with information on coping with grief. I hope this can be of some help.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Best wishes,

Renata, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Hello Kjm

So sorry to hear that your sister died 2 weeks ago, I have an understanding of the absolute pain of losing a dear sister. My cathryn died very quickly, April 2017, she had a sarcoma. She was also young, 51. We were also close, my heart felt as if it was ripped out, I never thought I could feel at all ok again.

I am amazed to say it does get easier, I grieved, still am,  somehow I have got used to knowing she has died. I miss her, I'll always miss my sister and miss our future. 

Hang on in there, do what you feel is right for you.

Take gentle care, my thoughts are with you

Sara.