Losing my mum

I lost my beautiful mum in July last year . She passed away in the hospice where I work . We shared some precious nights together there which I will always treasure but my heart physically aches for my mum . Some days it just feels too much . Life will never be the same again .

• Hello Sarah

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum last summer. It's good to hear that you were able to share time together before her passing and to build some memories. 

It's understandable that you're still struggling with grief. I can imagine that there are probably many things within your work life that bring back memories of your Mum.

Have you been able to speak to someone about how you're feeling? I wonder if you have access to a Counsellor through work. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to speak to someone not connected with the hospice then do get in touch with Cruse who are able to offer a number of different types of bereavement support. It really can help to talk. 

We have a number of members here on the forum who have lost loved ones and hopefully they will reply to your post to share their experiences with you. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• I'm so sorry for your loss losing your mum is so awful. I hope you get comfort soon. I have no magic answers as in the same boat but I am so sorry for your loss x