Losing a loved one

hello folks,

im Jason a 31 year old hardworking professional guy. I lost my  mum 2 years in June and to this day I can’t get over it. I cry I don’t eat I can’t sleep I just want things to be normal and me to see my mum once again it’s her birthday fast approaching and I think that is adding more emotions into it but I genuinely cannot get over I can’t see my mum by phone or by face it’s killihg me 

• Hi Jason

I know all too well how you are feeling as I lost my father to lung cancer 10 days ago and I can't really see a future with him not in it. We had a very close relationship and I am lucky enough to have an amazing husband, extended family and some very supportive friends. However, what you are describing is exactly how I feel. Do you have some supportive people close to you who share your pain and can be there for you?

Have you thought about bereavement counselling? This is something I think I might look in to.

My heart goes out to you.

Tasha xx

• Hi Jason and Tasha

I lost my mother in November last year to Lung Cancer and I am still struggling to accept that she has gone.  I cannot get my head around the fact I will never see her or speak to her again I just feel like I am unable to accept it, even that I do not want to accept it.  I have a good partner and also two children so at the moment I am trying to carry on as normally as possible for them.  I feel that if I was to fully digest all that has happened over the last year I would fall to pieces so I try my best to keep going.

Like you I struggle to the fact my mother will not be in my future it feels almost impossible to understand when my mother was such a massive part of my life to be gone forever it's so very hard.

I'm on a waiting list to speak to a counsellor, there is a long wait to speak to one but I feel I need to get my feelings out in the open to a professional. 

I just wanted to reply to say you are not alone in how you are feeling.

xxxx

• I’m 35 and lost my dad to lung cancer in April 2018 and I also can’t come to terms with it. I can’t ever imagine being ok with it and I can’t believe I’m going to have to live with this pain for the rest of my life. My dad meant the world to me and now I’m going through a divorce and I really need him here! Life seems so cruel at the moment.

• Hi Jason. I lost my mum to breast cancer in December 2012. I am still lost for words and struggle to come to terms with it. It's her birthday on Saturday (16th Feb) and I've not slept all week. Up til 5am thinking and looking through photos. It certainly doesn't get any easier and there's no one way to 'deal' with it. 

Thinking of you X