Looking for advice

Hi 

my sister aged 38 has been diagnosed with lung cancer, it is also suppressing on her spine!

she has had 2 lots of chemotherapy and 11 days of radiotherapy, her ct scan came back last week and there was no change in size of her tumour ( it hadn't shrunk at all ) I really thought this was quite early for treatment to start working and the dr seemed quite negative that it would work at all! 

im righting this message I feel with sheer desperation that maybe something else could help along the way..... I have heard very good things about turmeric but wondered if anybody had any other recommendations for us? 
thankyou in advance x

• Hi Amy and welcome to Cancer Chat.

I'm sorry about your sister's diagnosis but we'll have our fingers crossed that the treatment will help shrink the tumour.

If your sister is thinking about taking anything they will need to discuss it with their team first to make sure it doesn't interfere with the treatment she's currently having.

We have some information about tumeric on our website just here but if you'd like to discuss this or anything else to do with your sister's diagnosis or treatment then do give our cancer nurses a call. They're available on 0808 800 4040, Monday - Friday between 9a.m - 5p.m.

Kind regards,

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator