Living with Stage 4 Breast Cancer.

Hi there. I am wondering if there's anyone out there who, like me, is living with Stage 4 breast cancer?

It would be good to be in contact with other people who are living with this disease.

In July 2011 I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma which was already widespread throughout both lungs and liver.

I would be interested to talk to anyone else who finds themselves in a similar position and who, despite the difficult prognosis, is determined to keep as fit as possible, access all medical treatment and eat well.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Mary

• I don't have cancer but have spent time with family and friends who have.  Looking at your photo I imagine your lovely bichon frises play their part in keeping you fit; I have one and he is a handful - Muffin was a Battersea dog and a bit insecure when he came to us.  More seriously I do hope that you find other people with a similar situation to yourself so that you can continue to encourage each other.  Go for it, lady.  You are awesome to keep on keeping on as fully as you do.

• Thank you Annieliz. It has been a struggle and I remain quite fragile emotionally. But joining my grandchildren playing in the snow today shows me that all the effort is worthwhile :) And, yes my little Bichons help keep me fit, but they were happier sleeping in the warm kitchen today![[ ]]

• Hi! I thought I would get in touch as I am in the same boat as you Stage 4 Breast Cancer  in lungs and liver but I have also got it in my bones. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 in Feb 2015 after having 9 years free from curable Breast Cancer. Your post heartened me as you have kept going for 6 years - I hope I will be doing that too! I keep myself busy, still work 4 days a week and love to sing, hence my name on here! I do have dark days but I keep going and I still do amazing things. I have a Christmas song I wrote and performed out on I tunes, Spotify etc at the moment ... that has given me such a boost! Life is definitely not a rehearsal!

• Hello mare.  I hope you had a good Christmas and have not exhausted yourself.  I meant to thank you for the lovely photo you posted earlier in December.  Here is my little Muffin who I got from Battersea.

• Hi there! Good to hear from you. It sounds to me like you are absolutely loaded with brilliant attitude! I shall look for your song (as long as it isn't a sad one cos I don't do sad any more). Time has flown in the last 6 years as I've kept myself so busy! However, I've needed to slow down a little in recent months as I've been finding it hard to stay strong living with cancer whilst working. Managing good nutrition and exercise to help me survive takes time and effort and I'm feeling totally worn out. But -oooo- the hoops I'm having to jump through to ask for early retirement from work! It's really stressful. Because I appear well from the outside I really don't think anyone believes that I still have cancer. There are so many conflicting issues involved in "living with" terminal cancer. And nobody but someone who has it could possibly understand.... enough moaning from me though, as it hasn't got me yet and it won't get me today! Wishing you all the very best for 2018 xx :D

• Hi Annieliz, I love your picture of Muffin! My little dogs are my best friends! My Christmas was a great mixture of quiet (with my partner) and noisy (with my grandchildren), and I'm feeling pretty knackered now! I hope yours was a good one too. Thank you for your posts on here :) All the very best for 2018 to you and your loved ones xxxx

• No, my song is joyful with a gospel choir that I sing with providing harmonies!  I can send you a link if you private message me.  I don't suppose it would be the done thing to advertise it on here even though it's for charity!  What chemo are you on.  I'm starting Weekly Taxol after the holidays ... back to no hair again.  Don't think I will ever get used to that!

• Hello. Am back again. Still going. I retired last year and am loving it!

Just thought I ought to update this bit on here as I was in touch 2 years ago, but am still going strong at the moment just in case anyone was wondering? :)

Nobody knows what the future holds do they? I'm taking things one day at a time, but I haven't stopped planning for the future too.

Best wishes to everyone out there who is living with this horrible disease, or who knows or cares for someone who has it. My thoughts and prayers are with you (and for my own family who have to put up with me too!)

xxxx

• Hi mare glad your still going strong, there is a few more fighting the odds now, there's [@Shellbell10]‍,, [@Samurai]‍, And [@marj58]‍, there terminal for a few years, then there's me, I'm non curable the man of the house, word of warning marj likes to write long letters, hopefully they'll pop over soon, i was diagnosed Feb 2016, prostate lymph nodes ribs, pelvis, spine and 1 lung, stage 4 keep in touch... Billy 

• Hey thank you Billy!

It's good to be in touch. And refreshing to find some more really positive people. I find I do better myself if people around me are positive. Realistic with a positive slant - that's me!

And I do agree that I am meeting more and more people who are living with cancer rather than dying of it - certainly something for us all to celebrate.

Good to meet you!

Mary

:)