Liver biopsy

Hi all! I was found to have 2 tumours on my liver Dec 2019. I was initially told they were benign, focal nodular hyperplasia. However, I've recently had to have a biopsy done as they now say they can't rule out malignancy. Does anyone else have experience with this? I have no symptoms of liver cancer at all but I am so scared and its almost 5 weeks later I'm booked in for a telephone consultation which seems so far away yet!

• Have you had imaging since the initial diagnosis, mri or CT, that they have noticed a change/s, to warrant a biopsy?

At least now you will know exactly if its malignant or not and you can get the correct treatment.

5 weeks is a ridiculous length of time to have to wait for the result of the biopsy. Try not to worry it still could be non malignant xx

• Hey thanks for the reply, I've had a number of mri scans. They said they have grown unlike the way they expected by they are both still only about 3cm and I've seen on a Facebook group people with these tumours much bigger and they haven't had them biopsied which has made me worry. I'm hopeful I've just got myself an amazing Consultant who is just being very careful xx

• Every case is different. At least they are 'on it'. Did they indicate in initial diagnosis they couldnt say 100% it wouldn't become malignant.

I have a 2cm liver lesion which they cant identify (indetermined), but they said they dont think its cancer & not likely to become cancerous. And it's likely caused by infection, they diagnosed me with PBC last week, an autoimmune disease. But I worry my 'lesion', may change in the future too. On the positive side with your 2 being small, they probably be able to whip them out easily. It's so worrying isnt it. I'm in Oxfordshire xx

• Have you had any update? I was recently diagnosed with an FNH and my follow up is in 2 months at the cancer unit. They told me they are not concerned that it is malignant and they want to keep an eye if it has grown. Mine is also 3cm. I'm anxious after reading your experience as I have been researching and some research suggests malignant potential and some suggest none with FNH. Please update. 

Sending you lots of positive vibes xx

• Hello, 

My biopsy has diagnosed it is FNH and they are just going to scan again in 2 years time unless they grow and cause me pain x