Life expectancy

Hi there,

I know this is a weird question to be asking. The GP just said that she wasn't ready for the question and that she has had worse cases on her desk. 

Can anyone tell me what the prognosis would be for a stage 1 grade 3 breast cancer, ER Postive, HER2 negative, all clear lymph nodes. currently undergoing 4 rounds of taximofen chemotherapy followed by radiation. 

has anyone been in this situation or knows anyone that is still alive and well. I know every case is different but the GP scared me when they said they weren't ready for that question. The surgeon said she wasn't worried when we met her the very first day. 

please if anyone can help me out with some positive stories I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm really scared. 

• Hello Jill54554

It's not a weird question that you've asked but it is sometimes a difficult one for clinicians to answer as every patient is different. 

You have mentioned that there are some positives to the diagnosis in that all Mum's lymph nodes were clear and the surgeon wasn't overly concerned about Mum's diganosis. 

I think you'd find it helpful to talk things through with one of our team of nurses who may be able to explain some of the information and statistics to you and offer some support. If you're able to call them on 0808 800 4040 they are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Do give them a call when you get chance. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator