Letrozole side effects

Hi Everyone 

I’ve  just started dreaded Letrozole. Been told 10 years....a life sentence.....I’m sure I’ll need to decide between life quality and quantity at some point 

I've only had 2 doses so far but have a light headed/ out of body experience most of the time. My BC nurse has attitude I need to give it 8 weeks before complaining ,,,l.as side effects become less over time,,,,not what I’ve read. If anyone has had this effect I’d love to hear about it and .any others !!!!

Keep posting everyone you are THE VERY best source of information on the Internet...

You have to actually experience things to be an expert

Jess

• Hi  Mrsmac77

ive been on it 6/7 weeks. So far nothing but rash over eyes and face. I do have rosacea. So I'm on antibiotics now to add to the mix. 
    I will ask my oncologist when I see him in a couple of months. 
    I find stressing about drugs and side effects makes things worse as sometimes stress makes  my face flare up. So have a new cream to try too. 
    so I'm trying to manage it. 
    I hope you can manage to keep taking them as I believe as others say it's gets better.

keep going take care. 

• Hi Zuke 

Many Thanks for your useful advice.....I hope your rosacea settles soon Today my GP called me ....Can’t believe the high quality service you get once diagnosed...It’s was about my unsatisfactory appointment with oncologist. I told him about light headedness and he was able to tell me he’d had similar feedback from other patients and it will settle down soon . Was a relief to hear as it was worried I wouldn’t be able to drive . It does seem that once you’re on these AI s you need other drugs to combat side effects. 

I hope it becomes the norm soon and just part of my routine

Thanks again for your support

Jess 

• Hi Jess,

Don’t get too disheartened with taking Letrozole and if you have side effects I believe they do often subside after a while. I have been taking Letrozole for 9 months now and have no side effects at all, just hope this might give you some prospect that it might not be as bad.

Regards

Kay

• Kay 

I know this is a reply to Mrsmac

but that's encouraged me. I've had a terrible rash taking antibiotics seems to help. 
    I'm on Anastrozole some people say they suffer some terrible side effects.

thank you. 

• Thanks for reply. 
    I think we will suffer some side effects but as our bodies get used to the medication I think we'll get there. 
    We have to manage the side effects when they come along. 

I hope you are able to drive but a chat to oncologist or cancer nurse may relieve some stress. Stress can can be a killer at times.

mall the best