Letrozole

Just wondered if there was anyone else on letrozole and if so how are you finding it

Dawn x

• I have been on it for 6 months for endometrial cancer.  The problem with all these medications is how do you know something is a side effect or a progression of your cancer!  Letrozole has, as you will know, so many side effects, from simple to complex.  At first I couldnt sleep and had weird dreams when I did, but now I cant keep awake sleeping some nights for 12 hours.  I have bone aches, hot flushes etc etc. How long have you been taking it, Dawn, and how is it affecting you? 

• Hi, have been on Letrazole for three months, for metastatic breast cancer, feel sick after taking it but been suffering with nausea for 10 months so not sure if Letrazole is the cause really. Good luck to you .

• I have been on letrozole for 7 months get the hot flushes, bony aches and pains and have put on two stone on weight!  Asked oncologist if I could change it but the answer was no.  Im now getting tightness in chest and throat so off to docs Friday!

• I have been on letrozole a while now after a lumpectompy in dec 2013 ive been ok on it apart from the usual hot flushes, weight gain, achy joints and bad moods/emotional outbursts which of course is driving me crazy nut im told it will shrink anything that is there and my immune system will slowly disperse anything naturally dont know if thats true or not but somehow i have to get my head around the fact that these pills could save my life i think due to the nature and reason why we take them every little thing will be of greave concern

take care

• oh gosh hope that all goes well for you my gp told me much the same thing my answer was great 5 years of feeling like this oh the joys

• I have been on letrozole a while now after a lumpectompy in dec 2013 ive been ok on it apart from the usual hot flushes, weight gain, achy joints and bad moods/emotional outbursts which of course is driving me crazy nut im told it will shrink anything that is there and my immune system will slowly disperse anything naturally dont know if thats true or not but somehow i have to get my head around the fact that these pills could save my life i think due to the nature and reason why we take them every little thing will be of greave concern

take care

• Hi, I took Tamoxifen for 5years and finished that 10 years ago, now have metastasis so am on Letrozole so as you say just have to get on with it! If you look at any medication the possible side effects are so numerous it is so off putting. 

Best wishes

Eileen 

• Hi Julie. I took letrozole for 5 months had all the same systems as you plus dizziness, feeling faint, sickness, poor sleep pattern. I insisted with the oncologist to change mine & they did so i'm now taking tamoxifen, still get aches & pains but i also have arthritus so i put it down to that. Must confess i don't feel half as rough though sleep pattern  not changed & have put on a further 4lbs since changing but intend joining a gym once i've finished my herceptin & had my picc line removed. Hopefully they will change them for you too & you'll notice a difference as i have. 

Best Wishes :-) X

• Hi eileen

I know exactly what you mean most pills carry much the same side effects

Dawn

• Hi Dawn

I have been on letrozole now for 5 months for metatistic bc i have had chemo and now this tablet is my next option, scans have said imstill responding so if thats the letrozole then thank god as no operation is available, i feel tired achey joints, light headed, tingly feet in the first few weeks of taking it and i still have hot flushes, but if this keeps me alive then im happy to take it, i told some people cant take it, hope this helps !