Kidney cancer

After loosing my mum to kidney cancer in Feb 2917 then my dad within the year (broken heart), I now have discovered I have stage 3/4 clear cell renal cancer my symptoms were tummy ache and weight loss. But it was a total shock to me and my family, GP etc that I have advanced cancer. I am having immunotherapy ( the latest treatment ) Does anybody know how effective it is? Once every 3 weeks 

• Hello Happydays29

I'm so sorry to hear that since you last posted in 2017 you've lost your Dad and that you're now dealing with your own cancer diagnosis. It undoubtedly will have been a difiiclut time for you. 

I'm afraid that I don't know much about immunotherapy in relation to renal cancer. Do you know which drugs you are being given. If so they you may be able to find more information about them on our website here

Alternatively you could give one of our nurses a call and I'm sure that they would be able to offer some support and information. They're available on 0808 800 4040 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm). 

Keep in touch and let us know how you're doing. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator

• Hi, my husband is on immunotherapy  (kidney cancer that had spread to lungs) he is on his 2nd dose like you 1 every 3 weeks, first dose he had he suffered with high temperature then went off his food, he had his 2nd lot last Thursday and so far no major side effects and is doing ok, everything we have read about immunotherapy shows very good results, he will have a ct scan in December hoping that will show a slow down in the spread, but many say in trials it has actually reduced the size of the tumours so fingers crossed. Best wishes to you