Kidney cancer

My partner had a kidney removed in March, he now says he has pain on and off in the region where his kidney was, consultant is doing another ct scan. Can anyone else relate to this, Thanx

• Sad that once the word cancer hits us evert pain becomes a nightmare in our minds, mostly thankfully it isnt cancer,my husbands journey with kidney cancer started 14th of May 2019 we were told 12cm tumor in kidney 2 spots on lung,had left kidney out June 20th open surgery and recovered really well had another ct scan in August showed that  the spots on his lung had grown and there  is cancer where the kidney had been sitting, he never had any pain. I know there is no point in saying don't worry but try not to,  my husband has started on immunotherapy    has found this challenging but doing ok now, we were told right at the beginning of that this was uncurable, but it could be slowed down. I don't suppose this post helps but remember my husband had no pain, so hopefully your partners ct scan comes back clear, i am sure you will have many more replies that are more helpful stay strong.

• Hi Gutted,

so sorry to hear your situation, feel for you, I too have other friends going through the same thing. My partner is staying positive up to now, but as you say it is the main thing on our minds at present.All we can do is be supportive, just pray that one day cancer will be a thing of the past.Good luck and I wish you well.xx

• Hi, one of my family members had this same issue after having a kidney removed earlier this year and had a follow up scan which was fine. The doctor advised that although it is not very common, pain can occur at the site where the kidney was removed due to nerves etc. Being affected during surgery. (Her pain had settled post op and then got worse and understandably it is concerning but thankfully in her case was nothing to be concerned about). I know you won't be reassured until you get the scan results but I hope this helps to hear that it can sometimes happen. Wishing you and your partner all the best :)

• Hi NLT

Thanyou so much for your e. mail reply. It is  a little reassuring to hear your story, I do hope all goes well for your family member, please wish them well.

thanyou again fo taking time to let me know.

juliaann