Kidney cancer

Hi my mum got diagnosed with kidney cancer and had 2 options of having the full kidney removed or trying to take the cancer out amd leave what they can of the kidney she has been given morphine thats liquid she keeps saying things that she thinks are happening around her when they arent and she can barley keep her eyes open its happened every night since she got home from the operation she has choked a few times because she just keeps passing out the food wont even make to her mouth half the time you practically have to keep shouting at her and its really upsetting her even when she says the weird things she will come back into reality and realise that what she said was wrong but ssometimes shes addament that it is happening we try keeping a conversation going especially when shes eating but she forever just doses of she could have her dinner at 7 pm and won't finish until after 11pm every single night we don't know if the cancer is away or what kind it even is yet or what the danger of it coming back is we find out at the end of october but shes been having theese blackouts for 7 years and they calmed down ALOT but now they are getting bad again and sometimes when she wakes up she wont know where she is so she will faint again and wake up not remember what happened shes only 39 and Im so worried about her the doctors arwnt doing anything they just gave her iron tablets and upped her morphine from 5ml to 10 ml 4-5 times aday not to mention all the other medication shes taken we only found out she jad cancer because she has these hernias that pop out her stomach so she went to get it checked to then find out she had 6cm tumour in her left kidney and they reckon she had the cancer for over a year before anyone actually noticed im sorry this is so long but I'm just so worried i really don't want my mum to go not yet she isnt even 40 yet and its just so heartbreaking to watch and theres just nothing i can do about it any helpful information will be greatly appreciated thank you so much 

• Welcome to Cancer Chat Karl although I'm very sorry about your mum's diagnosis and what you've been going through lately, it must be very difficult for all involved.

We have some information about kidney cancer on our website but if you'd like to chat to someone about her diagnosis and find out what you could do for her then do give our cancer nurses a call. The phone lines are open Monday - Friday between 9a.m -5p.m on 0808 800 4040.

Hopefully some of our members who have experience of this diagnosis will pop by to offer their support and advice but do feel free to use the 'search forum' option in the blue bar above to connect with others who have been affected by kidney cancer as well.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator