Just saying hi....

Hello everyone, new to the forum.  Having had a bilobectomy last year, which successfully removed the tumour in my right lung,  one year later, I now have cancer of the lymph nodes in the upper respiratory tract.  So now facing 13 weeks of chemo, combined with radiotherapy.  Hoping to get some advice and info from those of you already going through it.  Thanks.

• Hi there ... can’t help as I’ve not gone down the cemo radio path but just wanted to say hi back .. welcome to our little chat room... hope someone comes along soon to help with your question .. hope this round of treatment goes o.k ... big hug Chrisie x

• Hello Chriss, and thank you. I had my first chemo session last Tuesday...a long day, 9.30 - 6.30. Various infusions containing two drugs - cisplatin and vineralbine. The evening of the following day I began to get the nausea...followed by headaches and flu-like aching. That has continued for the week. My second session - a shorter one - only one drug - not sure which one. I imagine that I am going to feel equally carpy? As I have 4 chemo cycles as described above. Half way through the chemo I then start daily radiotherapy for 33 days! Has anyone gone through something similar, and if so, will I feel progressively worse? Thanks.
  • Hi. I had my first chemo session fri 13th. I was there altogether 5 hr but chemo meds to go through was only 2. Felt fine the next day then started with a really bad headache which I ended up in hospital with. All the stress and anxiety had caught up with me. Hardly had any sickness. 

Good luck on your journey.xx

Shirley.xx

• Hi Shirley - am writing this for a second time - not sure what happened to the first one. It didn't appear here???   Just wanted to thank you for your reply. Hope your journey goes well too. It does show that we all experience something slightly different with these drugs.  Best wishes to you and everyone else going through this.  

Tina xx