Just diagnoised with primary liver cancer at 35

Hi all my dear forum friends

i just want to say I'm sorry I've been away from the forum for over a year, as u can tell that I'm back on the rollercoaster again I've been diagnoised with two liver tumours one on the right and one on left side. Yet again another Rae situation for my age. My tumours are not operable and only option is chemo right now which will not cure me . I'm so scared of the thought of there is a chance my kids will be left so young without there mum.im trying to be positive and want to ask for any advice would be great .

• Hi Mylittllesunshine,

I am so sorry to read you have more problems to deal with. I do hope the chemo works well for you. Take care my forum friend, Brian.

• Hi there and welcome back to the forum. I was wondering how you were and certainly missed you on here, so glad to hear you're back, but so sorry to hear you are yet again dealing with another cancer. It is at these times that we get worn down from dealing with this stuff, and people wonder why we're always walking on egg shells even during our "well periods." Those of us who get these recurrances know what that feels like. It can be a real downer and would really get to us if we let it. It takes a lot of energy and stamina to pick ourselves up and give our heads a shake. We're here for you, so come on anytime you need to rant, cry, or whatever it is you need to do, to get yourself through this. How old are your children now? Hopefully, they are at an age where they can do some things for themselves with some direction from you. I know from your past posts, your children were always your biggest concern and that must be so hard for you.

I hope the chemo works well. You must have some strength in there that you have fought this for some time now and I know it has been really hard for you. Take good care and remember, we are out here in the virtual world.

Sending hugs.

Lorraine      

• Hi Mylittlesunshine

Really hope the chemo can help control your current diagnosis and glad you felt able to come back among your forum buddies. We are all here for you when you need to rant and let of steam as well as if you just fancy a chat. Sending hugs.  Jules xx

• Hi mylittlesunshine

Like everyone else I am sorry to hear that  cancer has come back.  Its really difficult to offer advice to anyone because we are not in your shoes but me I would look very seriously at having the chemo but I would have to weigh up the side effects as I said to my consultant before I decided to take the treatment I dont want to be ill with the treatment then be ill with the cancer I want to know that there is a chance of some normal life.

best wishes and keep in touch.

River

• Hi all

ive missed everyone, but I was go though so much I felt I needed to distance myself from forum... I seem to have gone in to depression I think, since this shocking news it has hit me and my husband so hard more than last time, even the doctors when they where doing tests kept saying primary liver cancer is rare for your age we are sure it's not, but psi had bone cancer another rare cancer they wanted to double check, I'm so greatful they did,                                           

Now my husband doesn't want to discuss any thing he seems to have changed into a turtle hiding into his shell. So I feel so alone with all the decisions on my head.

• I cannot begin to imagine how hard this is for you as  you struggle with this latest diagnosis and also for your husband and your children as they have to watch how it affects you too. I can only comment from being the wife watching her hubby dealing with the day to day affects of the illness as I did for nearly three years. I know he felt frustrated that nothing could help and he pushed me away because he could not cope with the emotion it caused him.  He tried the chemo for as long as his body held up (just three sessions in the end but it gave him longer to be part of the family) but he was depressed and was on medication though to be honest I am not sure how much difference it made. I joined the forum for support and as you can see am still here as made good virtual buddies.

As your husband is also withdrawn and I am sure worried for you too, do  you have access to a MacMillan nurse who maybe able to talk options with you now that you have this diagnosis.  It must be very difficult (I know my hubby found it so) to cope day to day around the children (it was grandchildren in our case but you still feel so protective). Hope you have other friends/family to turn to for support but we are here to listen and chat when you need us to be.

Sending hugs.  Jules x