Just been diagnosed with Glioblastoma grade 4

Hi, I'm a 41 year old mum of 3 beautiful children and have just been diagnosed with terminal cancer .   I still can't believe it's happening as 4 weeeks ago I was just feeling a little light headed and thought my blood pressure was low, so I went to the drs. They then sent me to a hospital where I had an mri scan to be told I had 2 brain tumours, I have since had a biopsy, Which has come back as grade 4 glioblastma, I am havin 6 weeks of radiotherapy as well as 6 months of chemotherapy. But they have told me it's terminal and my prognosis is 14-16 months but I am a very positive person and is determined to see my babies grow up. I haven't spoken to anyone that is going through the same, so thought I would post on here as I don't really know what to expect over the next few months, I start my treatment on the 6th July. Is there anyone going through the same or has gone through it. 

• Hi Sammy26,

My cousin was diagnosed with the same towards the end of last year.  I'm not a medic, but have followed my cousin's path every step of the way. She couldn't have radiotherapy, but chemo made a big difference. But it is not looking too good at the moment.

You did not mention surgery. If that is not an option, there are almost certainly good reasons for that. But it is important that they explain this to you.

Glioblastoma is a really tough one to beat. No denying that. But I did find two people that were healthy, 10 years post treatment. It does happen.
    You can search for 'brain' and 'glioblastoma' on this site to find discussons that are relevant to you.
    Sammy26, you are so young, and have young children. Which makes your story really shocking, even by the standards of this forum. You have the support, sympathy and understanding of everyone here. We will help you in any way we can. xx Harry 

• Hi Harry,

Thank you for your reply, sorry to hear your cousin is suffering from this awful disease ! Unfortunately they have said I can't have surgery to remove it as it's deep and would probably leave me with more health problems. I am a very positive person and I am determined to fight this as much as I can, I have an amazing family and supportive network around me which I feel will spur me. Xx

• i also have a glioblastoma. its grade 3 not 4 though. Stay strong. i wish you all the best

• Hi, lifewillgoon

how long have you had it and how are feeling? What treatment are you having? I am taking it each day as it comes, I just hate the fact with the COVID I am unable to go and make memories with my loved ones