Just been diagnosed

Hi... Iv just been diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. Still feeling a bit numb and feel like its not happening to me.. like I’m in someone else’s body. I’m feeling surprisingly positive and calm and I’m worried it’s going to hit me like a train all of a sudden. Just want some words if reassurance really and thought it would be good to chat to people that are going through the same thing as myself. 

Lisa xxx 

• Hello,

there will be ups and downs, it's all very normal......do you know your treatment plan yet? Once you're on it you will feel more settled....I was grade 2 also....the bulk of my treatment is done....you got this xxx

• Hi Marlyn

Thank you so much for replying. Haven’t got care plan yet as there’s a couple of things they need to check first. What treatment did you have and how have you coped with it all??

Lisa xxx

• Believe me, once you have your plan you will feel more settled...I had a lumpectomy in January, chemo started February and I've not long finished radiotherapy, now on meds for the foreseeable....it's funny really, if anyone had told me this was going to be my journey in 2019 I wouldn't have believed I could go through it, but somehow from somewhere something kicks in and you find yourself cracking on with it. It helps if you trust your health team, mine has been wonderful....once I got used to "handing myself over" it was fine....and you will be too xx

• Thank you so much. It’s nice to hear reassuring words. I’m so glad your near the end of your treatment. I’m sure I’ll find that strength too. I’ll feel like I just want to get it started and get on with it now. 

Lisa xx

• Hello Lisa, I have just been diagnosed with BC last week.  I just found this forum tonight and thought I would like to chat to people like myself.  I am 73 and can't stop thinking of my Mum who had breast cancer.  I know things have changed but I wish I could just speak to someone like me.  It would feel so reassuring.  I hope you get this Lisa.  My name is Wendy

• Hi Wendy, sorry you find yourself on here.....I'm going to try and tag a lady who has been one of my rocks...her name is chriss........@chriss

• Hi Wendy..

I’m so sorry about your diagnosis, your not alone though. Iv found on here very helpful for talking to people that are going through the same thing as yourself. I’m still getting used to how this forum works but I think Iv sent you a friend request. Please feel free to message me whenever you want to and I’ll do the same. We’ll get through this together Wendy xxx

• Hi there Lisa...

Sorry late reply not been to well last week ... but just seen you've found the good and bad thread ..  Sandra started that a couple of years ago ... most of us on the first page are still popping on occaisionaly now .. and all those newly diagnosed lasses are still here today ... that thread hasn't lost a breast lass yet .. or any of the others that have joined along the way ...

So you'll get lots of support ... mind they talk about all sorts as well ... not just cancer ... but they've helped loads along the way ... so stick with it Sandra is like a mother hen to every one ... and makes everyone seem part of her cancer family on there ... 

Your at the scariest stage right now ... waiting for things to happen .. but whatever emotions your going through, go with them .. feel them ... scream / cry/ yell at cancer ... then when your ready ... get yourself a pair of pink vertual boxing gloves ... get into the ring ... look it in the eye ... because cancer doesn't want us to look it in the eye .. it wants us to lay down and surrender... but it's got another thing comming ... look round the ring .. wer all in there with you ... 

So you put down here anything ... someone will always know how it feels ... you've met Marlyn... she's an inspiration .. and doesn't realise just how amazing she is ... 

I've got a tee shirt I wear sometimes .. there's a lass with pink boxing gloves on and it says ... cancer touched my boobs ... so I kicked it's *** ... l had a grade 3 ... and thought my number was up .. still here .. still fighting .. still kicking *** ...so welcome to the best cancer club ever .... Chrissie ...

• Hi Chrissie

Thank you for yours reply. Yes Iv had a message off Sandra and Iv also been talking to Marlyn, both such strong ladies by the sounds of it. 

I am trying to be positive but I’m still struggling a bit sometimes. I find myself being super strong around my loved ones and kids then not so strong when I’m in my own. I think I’ll feel better once my treamanets started because I kind of feel in limbo at the minute. I know I have it but nothings getting done about it at then minute. 

Mare you from the north Chrissie?? Iv just asked Sandra the same question as you both say lass haha. I’m from the north east.

Lisa xxxx