Just been diagnosed

hi 

today I have been diagnosed with a very large cancerous tumour in my breast and lymph node. I am waiting for my CT scan but have been told I will have to have chemo to shrink the tumour then a mastectomy   I feel numb and my family are devastated. 

Has anyone had similar with a positive outcome please? 

Debs

• Hi Deb's,so sorry to hear your news,I have no experience of breast cancer but send my best to you and hopes for a good outcome for you xtonic

• Hi there ... welcome to our little chat room ... I'm a grade 3 her 2 neg breast lady ... and was really scared and in total shock on hearing the word cancer ... esp a grade 3 ... so thought my number was up ...

That was last July. . Had total mastectomy ... and even though had a few blips along the way, I'm still here and doing well ... the operation it's self wasn't half as bad as I'd thought ... told the hosp staff I wanted morphine drip after ... as remember my hysterectomy and needed it then ... but only needed couple of paracetamol (couldn't believe it) 

There's lots of us breast ladies here ... if you go on sandra123 thread the good and the bad, you'll see her journey through ... with lots of us chipping in ... it will show you the ups and downs along the way ... don't be afraid to join in her thread as she makes everyone welcome ... and we chat about lots, not just cancer ..

Once the shock settles and treatment stars ... it's easier then where you are now ... to me those early days were the worse ... try and stay in the day... try not to say "what if" looking at every sinario makes it more scary ... breast cancers come a long way ... you can do this ... your not alone ... Chrissie x

• Hi tonic

Thank you so much for your kind words 

xxx

• Hi Chriss

Thank you for your post, it has made me feel a little better.  I feel I can handle the chemo and the surgery and any treatment however brutal as long as I have a positive outcome. I get to know the stage the week after next and am just so scared incase it’s stage 4. 

Take care and thanks again

Debs xx

• Keep in touch and always here if you need a shoulder or a rant ... Take care ... And remember every one handles chemo and treatment differently .. there's lots of different ones ... So hopefully it will be kind to you .... We're all here with you .. on this mad cancer rollercoaster ... So hold on tight hun ...

Big hug chrissie x

• Hi , I’ve just had a mastectomy three week ago as my cancer was invasive and stage 3.I just wanted to say obviously  I have some discomfort but the pain is genuinely not as I expected. I have only needed to take the odd paracetamol to ease the soreness. I will be getting my results in two days . The main thing I have found is to remain positive, which I know is hard . I have asked people around me to keep positive too , if I can they can ! Don’t try to rush things and take each day as it comes.