Just been diagnosed

Just been diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer . They said there was no lymph nodes included but they still want to remove some when operating ! I feel really ill all of a sudden so tired as I can't sleep and feel shaky all the time ! I keep thinking cancer has spread and that's why I'm feeling rough !! Come some one please just talk to me 

• Hello there! I had a breast cancer diagnosis last year. Had a lumpectomy  with a sentinel node biopsy and radiotherapy and am now back at work. Taking Tamoxifen currently. 

Happy to chat if you want more info or just need to vent. 

• Hi Deirdre. Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and I can somewhat understand how you must be feeling. I was also diagnosed stage 2 breast cancer last year and have had a lumpectomy, node biopsy and radiation. I know it must be such a shock and so overwhelming but the good thing is you are in the system now and will be treated to rid you of cancer. There's a really good prognosis for most cancers. It is a big thing to go through so there's no downplaying it but you got This! It's a massive emotional rollercoaster but this forum is great as there's quite alot of us going or having been through similar cancers. It took me 2 months to stop the words stage 2 and cancer to stop going thru my head. I asked loads of questions to my health team as I felt if I understand it properly it will help me deal with it. Everyone reacts differently to every stage of treatment. Take it one day at a time. What have they said about op/treatment? We're all here for you. Take it easy and keep talking.xx
  • Thank you Jbains

just feel so alone right now and so hard to sleep ! It's good to hear from others  though but I just want it over with 

• Thank you Rileyroo

sirry my head all over the place I just want tinware up !! 

• Think any one who goes through diagnosis, tests and treatment does. We are all different, we might have the same bits but that’s as far as it goes. You are not alone in this, Jbains, [@Sandra123]‍ and [@Chriss]‍ are all breast cancer ladies as well as me, I’ve been in touch with all three of them since last August, we talk and get each other through the rough bits and there are bits that are rough I’m not going to lie. But as Jbains says ‘you’ve got this’. We have done it and so can you. 

• Thank you so good to know others are there Just got to get on with it !! 

• Break it up into bits. Start with the surgery, I was in and out in a day and honestly it’s not that bad. Get through that, you’ll be given some exercises to do during the days following surgery, doing them will help you recover faster. 

The tiredness is probably a reaction to what is happening, stressing at night won’t help this either but we all do so don’t beat yourself up about it. 

What comes next seems to depend on individual consultants but I would guess you’ll have an appointment a couple of weeks after surgery to check you  are healing OK and to discuss what is to happen next. Try and focus on the next step and don’t look too far ahead, it will mess with your head if you. 

• Yes I need to slow down but cos I'm feeling so rubbish I'm thinking it's all through me !!! Yes need to take one day at a time thank you !  

• Hi there Deirdre ... hay brave lady , looking back it was far more scary just waiting for op ... it's the thought of the unknown ... I'm a grade 3 her 2 ... and yours is cought a lot earlier then mine .. had my op last July. . And here I am chatting to you ... nothing will stop you worrying completely ... but honestly it wasn't half as bad as I'd thought ... I just said on the day ... right your comming out today ... l had total mastectomy ... and my hysterectomy was far worse ..

You got some great support now on here ... they are great lasses and we'll all help you through ... see it's like a rollercoaster.  Ups and down days .. but on the down day, just look around and wer all on the same ride ... so sending you a big hug ... Chrissie xx

• Thanks so much Chriss

just worried about all the aches and pains I now feel !! Don't  know if they are stress related or what ! The waiting is awful too ! Seeing surgeon on Thursday 8th ! Thanks for your kind words helps a lot xx