jaundice

hi my husband has bowel cancer and spred to the liver about 4 weeks ago his GP told us he only had about 4 to 6 months left but this week his urine has gone to a dark brown and his stools have gone yellow and when i was putting his eye drops in tonight around his eyes are all yellow and he has a yellow tint to his skin all over and his feet and ankles are starting to swell a bit he is drinking a lot of water and milk and juce he don't drink tea or coffe any more is this what happens next and does it mean he is dieing quicker than they say i know its hard for them to say for sure how long any one has but no one really says what will happen next or what too look out for so hard when you dont know what is what 

• Hello ann; so sorry for what you are going through.  You are right that the leaving of life varies from person to person and it may be that this is what your husband has started to do.  I am attaching some information about the final days of life; don't distress yourself too much - perhaps read it with a friend or family member - no tall of the things mentioned apply to everyone.  This just helps you be prepared.  I hope you have some help and support from family and friends during this troubled and difficult time.  Please do come back to talk to us if you so wish.  Annie

www.cancerresearchuk.org/.../final-days