It’s been 3 weeks today...

Hi everyone, 

I haven’t been online the last couple of days and I thought I’d start a discussion to see how everyone is/ doing. 

Its been 3 weeks today since my wonderful daddy was taken from us. And it still doesn’t seem real. I’ve posted a few times on here saying that I don’t feel the way I expected myself to feel and if anything have been more upset leading up to this than what I currently am. I never went a day without speaking to my father whether that was by ringing him/ FaceTiming him or actually being by his side. So why now after 3 weeks do I feel like this ? It genuinely feels as if I’ve seen my father/ spoken to him like I always had and done. I’m soo confused. 

Bec x

• Dont worry bec grief is nothing but confusion may partner died over a year ago and i still talk to her i actualy feel her round me at times i cant explain the feelings but ime glad its there you keep talking to your dad i beleive they hang around fo a while to make sure we are ok and why wouldnt he eh just feel what you feel dont try to work it out you cant you just have to take one day at a time .paul

• Hi Paul, 

thanks for commenting! 

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. I also talk to my father and it genuinely feels as if my dad is still here. It’s such a strange feeling. It doesn’t seem real, and I can’t believe that life is so cruel and the thought of my father knowing that he had to leave his children, wife and loved ones behind terrifies me. What my father went through shouldn’t be allowed, and diseases like cancer shouldn’t exist. No one should have to go through this, especially my amazing daddy. 

Bec 

• Thanks yes its a rotton disease thats a fact lifes hard your dads around dont you worry it gets easier its i thing you have to go through its a lonely road thats for sure but we all get to the end .p