Irregular bleeding

Hi there all

Back in June I experienced a bit of bleeding after sex, I went straight to the doctor but it stopped . I was up to date with all my smears so they just did test for infections which all came back negative.  

Fast forward to Jan,  I started having a smelly liquid discharge. I was going to call the doctor when I had my period on the 3rd Feb. The discharge and smell stopped due to me being on my period . My periods usually last a week or so,  after a week my period was slowing down but still some blood when I wiped. The following week this is still occurring.  I phoned my doctor on day 16 of continual bleeding an app was made for today.  When I woke up this morning the bleeding was a little heavier and had come through to my knickers.  

I seem the doctor today,  she was lovely and very thorough.  She examined me and said she couldn't feel anything on my cervix but my uterus seemed enlarged and that she wld send me for urgent bloods and request a ultrasound (no urgency for the ultrasound) she said fibroids maybe my problem 

I am very grateful she is requesting for both these but still freel none the wiser . Not even sure what these will tell me 

Do u have any advise re my symptoms and what u think cld be my problems pls 

Feeling very anxious atm 

Thank u

• Hello Carly

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing problems that you're experiencing. You've done exactly the right thing in getting in touch with your GP who has now been able to request these tests and it sounds reassuring that they didn't have any immediate concerns. 

It's understandable that you're feeling worried and I think most people here would agree that this period of waiting for tests can be difficult. Hopefully, the blood tests will bring some answers and reassurance and you won't have to wait too long for your ultrasound. 

I hope that things settle for you soon. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator 

• Hi jen , thank u for your response.  Been feeling a bit lost with all worry . I phoned the doctors today and spoke to a receptionist who informed me all bloods came back normal/fine , fab news

Now I'm going to sounds really silly , I don't know what the blood tests were for

When I was I'm the doctors and she said we will do blood test and ultrasound I just went into a daze and didn't really ask the relevant questions . 

So wld u be able to tell me the standard blood test that wld be carried out with my symptoms pls . 

I am awaiting for a phone call from the doctor but might not be til next week . 

I still feel a bit anxious as the bleeding is getting heavier day to day 

Xxx