Inverted nipple

Hi everyone 

I'm 52 years old 

I have an inverted nipple and a nodule ( breast clinic terminology) 

I have been referred for mammogram and scan,will they do a biopsy on the scan ? 

Both appointments are 30 minutes each and after each other. 

Can they tell you the results,there and then or do you wait for appointment with breast clinic? I'm confused. 

What will be will be and I will kick it's butt if it is....

• Hi LeeB,

Sometimes the biopsy can be done after the mammogram, but the best thing to do is to contact your doctor and confirm what will be happening on the day. You'll usually get your results around two weeks after testing. Here is some useful information on mammograms, so you will know what to expect.  

It's great to hear that you're looking at it in a positive way.

Best of luck with the tests,

Moderator Anastasia

• Hello, I found the breast clinic a pretty slick and thorough operation. I had a mammogram first followed by ultrasound then had to go back a week later for biopsy. However some ladies here have had all three on same appointment...it's called a triple assessment. Usually it's another two weeks for results.

The clinic may or may not tell you the findings as they go along....they all seem to differ enormously. So don't read too deeply into your experience.

good luck, hope it all goes well xxx

• Thanks Maryln

Can I ask did they phone you for the biopsy appointment after your scans ?

• Hello,

yes they did phone me, but that was only because for some reason or other no one received the letters they sent out, they only realised when absolutely nobody turned up for their appointments! So they had to reschedule and call people.....again......don't read too deeply in the way your clinic goes about things, they all seem to differ so much...good luck xxx