Introduction

Hi everyone. I'm knew to this after being diagnosed with grade 3 NST breast cancer a few days ago. I'm 42 years old, scared about chemo and treatment but determined to fight it. Would love to hear how everyone copes and any advice would be great

• Hi, sorry about your diagnosis and your worry over the treatment. I have just had my second treatment and I guess there are hundreds of different cocktails of drugs that are personalised to each one of us. Mine is R-CVP for stage 4 lymphoma. I was really scared to start the chemo, but to be honest I have coped well with it. The preventative meds they give you are really good. The nurse today told me the anti sickness tablets are so good now that you shouldn't feel sick and if you are to phone them and they will change them. But so far I have felt the best I have been for a while. Between all the worry and wait over the last few months, which was the worst. I was glad to start treatment, the first one was a four hour infusion but today was a bit quicker, apart from being tired (touch wood) I have been surprised how good I've been. I wasn't keen when I heard about the high dose of steriods I would be given but they do make you feel better. Just take all the pills as directed and drink loads of liquids. 

I wish you well, keep us posted. 

• Hi, thank you for your reply. 

It's scary isn't it. I wish you all the very best on your journey and Thank you for the advice and the insight. I keep us posted

• Hi I’m 46 years with stage 3 ovarian cancer. I totally understand your fear. I was a mess when diagnosed only a few weeks ago even though the few weeks seem years! I had my first chemo this week and it’s been fine. No issues at all. The day itself is boring if anything and the nurses were lovely. They do give you loads of pre- meds and pills to take away and touch wood I’ve had no sickness just a bit of heartburn. I even went for s nice walk this afternoon. The dread of it was far worse than the experience and for me, I feel so much better to be on with treatment and know I’m on with treatment. I think the hanging about before they begin is worse. You’ll be fine. Take each treatment at a time and cross it off. This site is really good for advice and support when you need it! 

Clare xx

• Thankyou Claire. So glad your handling things so well and I am sure I will do the same. I am keen to her on with treatment now and it should be within the next 2 weeks. I me at t today have triple negative type cancer. I am just so up and ready for the fight now. Thank you for your kind words and advise. Together we can all beat this x