Intro

Hi all bit new to the chat room I was diagnosed with a Thymoma back in 2015 haven't really come to terms with this rare type of cancer? Even the doctors can't explain to me what it is they seem lost  When people ask me what it is I have to explain in long length as not a lot of people of heard of it and tend to dismiss this as a cancer. Has anybody else experienced this situation. Had op to remove and radiotherapy still under the oncologist for thr foreseeable I havent come to terms with this at all I get very depressed and low has anybody else got any pointers how to cope I know laughter is good.   I find it difficult talking to friends as they come out with some weird comments as they haven't been through anything like this. So if anyone has had this I would be delighted to hear from you 

• Hi Arth52, 

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis and the impact it has had on you. I have included some general information about your diagnosis here which I hope makes things easier for you to explain to friends and family in the future as well as some guidance on how to cope emotionally with cancer.

I also wanted to put you in touch with some other members on the forum - [@Cecelia]‍, [@Terrie]‍ and [@Icha12]‍ - that have experience of Thymoma and now that I've tagged them in this post they will hopefully pop by when they can to say hello and share their experiences with you.

I know you've said you find it difficult to chat to your friends about your diagnosis so I'm glad you've joined us here at Cancer Chat as our regular members here on the forum are very supportive and even though they may not have the same diagnosis they will understand what you're going through and hopefully you will hear back from some of them too.

I hope this helps Arth52 and I hope you continue to chat with us here on the forum as someone is always here to listen.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• Thank you Steph for your reply I appreciate that my thymoma was Stage2 B2 invasive because apparently not a lot of people get these some doctors are at a loss and can’t give advice so hopefully others who have had the same will be able to help. I was treated as any other cancers patient but when I have asked was it cancer they somewhat are stumped as there are no case studies to advice much on. It can be quite worrying as I had radiotherapy to stop rejuvenat e occurance of said cancer but when you ask your GP they say it’s nothing to worry about I am so confused by all this over the last 2 and bit years then I am told by my oncologist that I am in remission it’s very confusing  you can imagine one minute I being told yes you’ve had cancervthen the next it’s we are not quite sure it’s very worrying  so hopefully some one out there can help.