Immunotherapy

Hi, I am 54 and have stage 4 melanoma.  I did my first treatment of immunotherapy 6 days ago.  Do anyone know how long it takes for this drug to show signs that it is working 

• Hello avellinap, 

Thanks for sharing your story and a big welcome to Cancer Chat. I hope your immunotherapy treatment is going well. We have some information on our website on the different types of immunotherapy treatments which you can read here and which might be of relevance to you. Our nurses will also be happy to answer questions you may have about your treatment so don't hesitate to give them a call on this free number 0808 800 4040 - their line is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. 

I thought I would also mention one of our members who has been affected by melanoma [@AngieT]‍  as she may be a good person for you to connect with and talk to on the forum.

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator

• HI avellinap,

I've been a Stage 3 melanoma patient since 2009 &, as immunotherapy has, until recently, only been available for Stage 4 & 3 patients, I have no personal experience to share. I do, however, know several Stage 4 patients who have been on immunotherapy for differing time periods. I have sent you a friend request - if you accept it I can send you a private message with some information. As you can understand I don't want to share other people's experiences on an open forum. Which drug(s) are you receiving? Is it a mono or a combo treatment?

Angie