Immunotherapy

Hi i was diagnosed with stage four Melanoma in March 2017.

I had metastasis on the brain, liver, and lungs. I had 6 bouts of radiotherapy to my brain in June 2017 followed by four treatments of double immunotherapy Ipilumumab and Nivolumab followed by single Nivolumab treatment every two weeks from September 2017 until October 2019.

My scans are now every six months which I'am very happy with and I'm very grateful that immunotherapy had started when I was diagnosed.

I didn't consume any alcohol until mid 2020 which was the odd bottle of beer here and there. I have recently started to consume a couple of single malt whiskies at the weekends, I do drink in moderation could this intake have a detrimental impact on my condition.

• Hello Massiff

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but it sounds as if you're feeling very positive about things which is great. 

I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question about the impact that alcohol may have on your condition. It would probably be sensible to give your Consultant a quick call for some advice however, if you want to give our nurses a call they may be able to help. They're available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm on 0808 800 4040. 

Best wishes, 
    Jenn
    Cancer Chat moderator