Immunotherapy

Has anyone here been diagnosed or a loved one with stage 4 sarcoma and found success so far being treated with Immunotherapy? I am asking because my husband has been diagnosed with this. We waited over 3 months for the doctors to find a treatment and since the 3 months the cancer had grow.

His oncologist called the doctors at the world's largest cancer institute located in New York City. They recommended 2 different chemos and one is a targeted kind of chemo, and also he has started on immunotherapy. that is why I am asking if anyone is seeing positive results from here.for the immunotherapy.

cancer seems to consume our lives here as it does anyone that has been diagnosed or has a loved one with it. 

We keep ourselves busy with everyday life, we pray we trust the Lord to get us through this devastating trial. 

• Hi Nanaof8, 

As we're a UK based forum I'm not sure if you'll find many members here who have had immunotherapy for stage 4 sarcoma so it may be worth popping on the Sarcoma Alliance and American Cancer Society websites as they have chatrooms/forums just like ours, to see if you can connect with others who may be having this treatment. We have some general information about immunotherapy on our website here as well.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you at this time but I'll have my fingers crossed that the immunotherapy is successful in treating your husband's sarcoma.

Kind regards, 

Steph, Cancer Chat Moderator

• I am wondering if the reason the UK may not be using this drug much "Keytruda" because of its side effects which can be devastating effectss.  

The American cancer society is not always helpful and hearing from people that have tried it and it's success or not successful would be helpful.  I have found a site just recently on Facebook with those assisting spouses with cancer.   I have found this drug having horrible side effects with others.   And I thinking chemo was the only blame, but learning that the immunotherapy could be the reason for my husband's recent side effects. .  He's on 2 chemo s and keytruda.     He had one treatment so far it's been over a week and he's extremely fatigued, depressed, angry, Moody just out right hateful. Not him!   

I called his nurse she will discuss this with oncologist.  Waiting on the return call.