im so scared

Hi i had CT scan yesterday and they found something on my bowl and liver, ive never been so scared in my life, the waiting is pure torture, i cant get this feeling out of my stomach and cant sleep or eat, please help me get through this by knowing im not alone xx

• Hello I no how your feeling can't be Mutch help as I've have different symptoms awaiting more test  anxiety is the worse feeling not knowing hope all ok for u 

• Hi ValP,

Sending you a massive hug, you are definitely not alone. A lot of us on this site identify with how you are feeling as we've been there. The one thing I think most would agree with is that the waiting for test results etc is the worst!! I could barely breathe, when I was in that position but once you know, even if it's not the best news, you can start to rationalize things. Knowledge is power. I think we have a tendency to catastrophise these situations, we automatically jump to the worst possible scenario. Even if you're facing a cancer diagnosis, you will get treatment and these days, there's so much they can do. There's always the possibility that it's not cancer, don't forget that. 

Best wishes 

Jane x

• Hiya, i felt like they were talking about someone else. Im day 3 now and think things are beginning to sink in.  I told my family last night and this morning and the gut wrenching feeling in my stomach is getting less and less.  Cant believe i have to wait another 2-3 week before i know what plan they will make for me x  Hope you get good news at the end of your journey x

• Hi Jane 

Thanks for getting back to me, I told my kids last night and honestly feel a little better, knowing they will be with me too has really helped, I never doubted they wouldnt but I didnt want to tell them as didnt want to hurt them but they have been amazing.  I must have got motherhood correct as they are good kids x